2018 KC Clay Guild Holiday Sale Application
Register here if you wish to apply to participate in the sale.
This is the only way to apply to participate in the sale, no paper applications!
Contact email@example.com if you have questions.
CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD YOUR IMAGES - Image should be 300dpi and 4 inches in the longest dimension
-Application, images, entry fee must be submitted by September 1, 2018.
-Artists may choose to exhibit their work at KCCG or at their own site.
-Individual entry fees are $50 for members or $60 for non-member. One artist listed on the poster and marketing materials per entry fee.
-Group entry fees are $60 (up to 5 artists), $150 (up to 15 artists), or $200 (over 16 artists)
-Extra bundle of brochures will be an additional $10
-If you apply after September 1 you will be required to pay a $25 late fee, this will be invoiced separately after you have applied.
-For all social media posts including Facebook, Instagram, etc. please use #kccgholidaysale2018
Selling at KCCG Guide:
- 10% of your total sales is owed to the Guild prior to your leaving the Guild at the end of the sale. All artists are responsible for keeping track of their sales on a daily basis. You will be provided with a sales slip to calculate your daily totals and then provide your 10% to the guild at the end of the sale weekend. Artists should not leave the sale until th sheet and the 10% are paid.
- Artists are responsible for their own cash sales. Artists who have the ability to process credit cards (ie. Square, paypal, etc.) should do so; however the guild can process credit card sales on behalf of individual artists, if needed for an additional 3% fee.
- Each artist is responsible for collecting their own taxes. The tax rate for KCMO is 8.6%. Some artists add that onto their sales, others include in their sale price and claim taxes independently after the sale.
- You must be set up by 4:45 PM Friday, November 30th. The Guild will be available for setup starting at 6:00 PM on Thursday, November 29th and will also be open from 10AM – 5 PM on Friday during the day for setup.
- For 2018, we are assigning locations and ensuring each artist has approximately the same amount of space. Therefore, we are limiting the sale to 22 participants, which will be selected on a first come, first served basis.
- Each artist is expected to sign up to help with general set up or general take down and re-setting on the guild. This consists of moving wheels out of the way, moving table, pedestals, etc. into different locations. This is in addition to setting up your own booth for sales. During your assigned set up time, you should be helping the Guild, not focused on your own setup.
- Artists are responsible for their own display. This means please bring your own table clothes, props, etc. as needed to spruce up your own display.
- Artists are responsible for working their own booth during the sale and are expected to be there during the sale unless you coordinate with other artists within the same room.
- Artists within a room should coordinate with each other regarding food/snacks for the room for patrons. The Guild has a large coffee pot and we will provide hot chocolate on Friday night and coffee for all on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Guild does not provide lunch or snacks for the artists; artist are responsible for their own personal food and drinks during the sale.
- Each artist is encouraged to distribute posters both physically and electronically to their own mailing lists. This helps drive traffic for all artists within the sale.
Information for the new group rates:
- $60 for studios who will have up to 5 individuals participating in its sale
- $150 for studios who will have 6-15 individuals participating in its sale
- $200 for studios who will have 16+ individuals participating
- This provides one "photo" slot on the poster with the studios logo and studio name and address listed. No individual artist names will be allowed.
- This includes 50 printed holiday sale posters for the stuido.